When a membership is at capacity, the Club may introduce a wait list for Members to join.
The following membership packages are currently at capactiy (last updated October 3rd, 2023):
- All Legends packages
- Standard Reserved Seat
- Standard Reserved Bay
- Interstate Flexi for Western Australia
- Anzac Day membership
Additionally, the '1892' package is currently not available to join unless directly offered by Club staff.
The Club has two active membership waitlists:
- Standard & Legends - Requests to move (click here to open)
- Standard & Legends - Requests to join (click here to open)
Important Waitlist Information
Membership waitlists will be worked through after the Club's 'reserved seat cut-off date' each season, i.e. once per year.
- The reserved seat cut-off date for Season 2024 is Friday 1 December. No waitlist requests will be accommodated until January 2024 at the earliest.
If your spot on the waitlist is reached and the Club contacts you with a new seating option, and you choose to accept this option, you will be removed from the waitlist.
Different seating areas have different costs. Please note changing seats may result in a change to your total membership price. This will be explained by staff prior to any change being made.
Seat change or join requests not submitted via a waitlist will not be considered. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances, at the Club's discretion.
There is no fee to join either of these waitlists, however anyone applying to a waitlist must be an active Collingwood FC Member for their entry to be valid.
Will the waitlist reset each season?
- No - your spot on a membership waitlist will transfer from season to season.
- If a waitlist is ever set to be closed, Members on the waitlist will receive direct communication confirming this.
Does being on a waitlist guarantee that my request is facilitated?
- No - as seating availability is dependent on Members choosing not to renew, the Club cannot guarantee a timeline for your request to be facilitated.
Do existing Members get priority over non-Members? / Do I need to be a Members to join the waitlist?
- Yes - in order to join all currently active waitlists, you must be an active Collingwood FC Members.
- This rule is in place due to the high demand for reserved seat/bay memberships.
- If you were not a Member in a previous season, you can still join a waitlist - you just need to purchase an available membership for the current season either before or shortly after submitting your waitlist request.
- If your waitlist request is to add a new person other than yourself, this other person must hold an active Collingwood FC membership.
Can I add a waitlist entry for a group or just for single Members?
- When joining a waitlist, you will be able to select the number of Members that your request applies to up to a maximum of ten (10) Members.
- If you wish to make a request that exceeds ten Members, please call or email the Club.
- Please keep in mind that the more Members involved in a waitlist request, the harder it is to facilitate.
I was offered seats, but they were not suitable - do I lose my place on the waitlist?
- No - your spot on the waitlist will be held until (a) suitable seats are found, (b) you choose to be removed from the waitlist, or (c) you are not an active Member when your spot on the waitlist is reached.
How long will it be until my place on the waitlist is reached?
- Given demand for membership and the nature of reserved seating, it's not possible for the Club to provide an estimated timeline.
Why has the Club introduced these waitlists?
- The Club's reserved seat allocations for MCG home & away games is functionally at capacity.
- This fact prevents us from managing seat change or seat addition requests on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The waitlist approach has been determined as most suitable given the high demand and extremely limited supply.
How can memberships be sold out - why can't more just be made available? / I'm an existing Member - why can't I move seats?
- The Club has access to a limited number of seats for AFL games.
- At this time, almost all seats for MCG home & away games are allocated to Members, making reserved seat & bay areas functionally sold out.
Why is there a separate process for '1892' membership?
- The '1892' package is the Club's new premium membership offering.
- A prerequisite to joining as an '1892' is to hold a Legends package with a set seat for MCG away games.
- The '1892' package is being offered to Members who meet the above criteria on the basis of their total years-of-service, i.e. total years of membership with Collingwood FC. Specifically, Members with highest YOS tallies were offered the package first, and Club staff have been working their way down a list.
- Please note that this process is not perfect as many staff are working through this simultaneously. This means that, at times, a Member with a lower years-of-service tally may be offered the '1892' package before a Member with a highest tally.