'1892' Membership Package - Two-Year Commitment Terms & Conditions
1.1 Collingwood Football Club '1892’ Membership- Two-Year Commitment Terms & Conditions
2.1 General Information
These terms are an extension of the Club's General Terms & Conditions, which can be viewed here. Members and Club memberships and are also subject to the Club’s Constitution.
3.1 '1892' Membership Package
- The '1892' Membership (1892) is a new premium Collingwood membership package to be introduced for the 2024 AFL season.
- The '1892' Membership Package will be priced (inclusive of GST) as follows, payable for each of the 2024 AFL Season and the 2024 AFL Season:
- $1,999 for adults
- $1,799 for concessions
- $1,499 for juniors
(see below for junior and concession parameters).
4.1 '1892' Membership Package Two-Year Commitment Benefits
- Upon joining the '1892' program ahead of the 2024 AFL Season, Members will be able to commit to the ‘1892’ Membership for either one or two seasons.
- Members who commit to the ‘1892’ Membership for one season (2024) will be eligible for the pricing specified in Section 3.1 of these terms & conditions.
- Members who commit to the ‘1892’ Membership for two seasons (2024 & 2025) will receive the following benefits:
(1) The following discounted pricing (inclusive of GST) for the 2024 AFL Season*.
- $1,499 for adults
- $1,299 for concessions
- $999 for juniors
(see below for junior and concession parameters)
*Pricing for the 2025 AFL season will be as listed in Section 3.1 of these terms & conditions.
(2) An exclusive '1892' jacket valued at $220.00 AUD, which will be delivered in 2025.
- Processing of payment for the ‘1892’ Membership Package will occur on an annual basis.
- Funds for the 2024 component of the package will be collected from the commencement of the 2024 season membership renewal period (October 2023).
- Funds for the 2025 component of the package will be collected from the commencement of the 2025 season membership renewal period (October 2024).
- The two-year commitment is a good faith undertaking by the Member to opt-in to the ‘1892’ Membership Package across two consecutive AFL Seasons.
- A Member can opt-out of the second year of the ‘1892’ Membership Package (2025 component) in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the notified deadline, which is expected to be around 18 September 2024.
- Should a Member who committed for both the 2024 and 2025 AFL Seasons opt-out of the second year of the '1892' Membership Package (2025 AFL Season) they will not be eligible to receive the exclusive '1892' jacket.
- All terms detailed in 6.1 Cancellation Policy are still enforceable and applicable, notwithstanding the Members decision to opt-out of the second year of the ‘1892’ Membership Package.
- Unless otherwise detailed in 6.1 Cancellation Policy, there will be no other fees or charges payable by a Member as a result of that person opting-out of the second year of their ‘1892 Membership Package.’
- A Member over the age of 18 who has validly acquired a ‘1892’ Membership Package will be classified as an Ordinary Member for the purposes of the Club’s Constitution (provided they meet the other requirements for that class of membership under the Constitution), or as otherwise determined by the directors or the Club, during the relevant seasons of their membership.
- To be eligible for a Junior membership, the applicant must be under the age of 15 as at 1 January of the year in question. Children aged under four at 1 January are entitled to attend games without a Club membership, however they must not occupy a seat. Junior member accounts that do not have a date of birth will not have their membership pack sent until the date of birth is confirmed to the Club.
- If an ‘1892’ Member’s classification as a Junior changes between the 2024 and 2025 AFL seasons, and this Member undertook the two-year commitment, said Member would not be eligible for Junior pricing in the 2025 season. Such a Member would be required to pay the Adult price in for the 2025 AFL Season, or the Concession price if applicable.
- Student concession is available to people studying full-time in an eligible course in the year in question. Your membership application/renewal form must be accompanied by a copy of your valid student card or a photocopy of a stamped, receipted enrolment form from your education institution.
- Pensioner concession is available to people holding a valid pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink, the Department of Health and Community Services, the Department of Community Services or the Department of Veteran Affairs. A Health Care or Health Benefit card will not be accepted. Your membership application/renewal form must be accompanied by a photocopy of your pension card. Pension cards must be valid for the duration of the AFL season in question.
5.4 Companion card holders
- Any Club member holding a Government issued Companion Card is entitled to one complimentary access membership for their carer.
- Companion Members are eligible to receive all the benefits of the ‘1892’ Membership, excluding the jacket available to Members who commit to the Membership for two seasons (2024 & 2025).
- Once you have purchased your membership, you are required to send through proof of your Companion Card and the Club will then issue you with a complimentary membership in the same membership category as the one you have purchased to allow your carer access to the games when caring for you.
6.1 Cancellation Policy
- Club memberships are valid from the date of joining until 31 October of the year in question. For example, a membership for the 2024 AFL season would be valid from 1 January 2024 (or the date of joining if that is later) until 31 October 2024.
- Deposits and commitments towards the ‘1892’ Membership made in 2023 relate to the 2024 AFL season, and as such would be valid from renewal until 31 October 2024.
- Deposits paid towards the ‘1892’ Membership are not considered renewals for the 2024 season. Members can renew their 2024 Membership once they receive the relevant communication in September or October of 2023.
- By becoming a member of the Club, you agree to this period of membership, the terms of the membership, and to the Club’s Constitution from time to time.
- In exceptional circumstances, if a member wishes to cancel their membership, the Club will advise the member to submit a written request to Membership Services via email to email@example.com or post to PO Box 165, Abbotsford VIC 3067 for consideration at its discretion.
- If the fulfilment items have been sent prior to the request for cancellation, the membership product will not be cancelled or refunded, subject to the Australian Consumer Law.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel or suspend a Club membership without refund of any member that breaches any of the terms and conditions of membership or the Club’s Constitution, or any other bylaws or terms in accordance with the Club’s Constitution (including where that member attempts to transfer or sell their Club membership and/or associated benefits). Any membership cancelled by the Club will result in consecutive years of membership being ceased.
- The Club reserves its right to cancel a member's Club membership without a refund where that member is deemed by the Club to have breached these terms and conditions or the Club’s Constitution, or any other bylaws or terms in accordance with the Club’s Constitution (including where that member attempts to transfer or sell their Club membership and/or associated benefits).
7.1 General Disclaimers
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and you unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts having jurisdiction there.
To the fullest extent permitted by law (including without limitation the Australian Consumer Law) the Club shall in no circumstance be liable to you for any direct or consequential losses or any loss (whether direct or indirect) arising out of your purchase of or participation in Club membership, including without limitation from the loss or suspension of your membership or your ability to attend all or any Collingwood games or enter a venue where a Collingwood game is occurring, except to the extent the loss is caused by the Club's wilful breach of these terms and conditions, its gross negligence or fraud. You acknowledge that you accept this term and irrevocably and unconditionally release the Club from liability in all other circumstances.
8.1 Further Information
If you require further information in relation to these terms and conditions, or a Collingwood membership, please visit membership.collingwoodfc.com.au or call the Club's Membership Services Centre on 1300 MAGPIE (1300 62 47 43) during business hours (Monday to Thursday, 10am – 4pm) (AEST/AEDT).