MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
Collingwood believes that all people that interact with the club including members, supporters, suppliers, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and corporate partners, together with their guests, have the right to enjoy games and events in a safe and supportive environment. To this end we require all people interacting with the club to follow the Code of Conduct.
Each person in their interaction with Collingwood, including attending a Collingwood game, event, and function or on social media must:
1. Act as ambassadors for Collingwood and the game of AFL and, as such, conduct themselves in a way that reflects our values and promotes the club;
2. Not abuse the match officials, venue employees, security, players and Collingwood employees and officials, including the use of crude or abusive language or gestures, insults, threats, intimidation, assault, provocation or otherwise act in an abusive manner;
3. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, race, colour, religion, language, politics, national or ethnic origin or choice of AFL team;
4. Not use nor encourage the use of violence in any form, whether it is by other spectators, team officials (including coaches) or players;
5. Not engage in discrimination, harassment or abuse in any form, including the use of obscene or offensive language or gestures;
6. Not be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs;
7. Follow Collingwood’s dress codes, where appropriate;
8. Comply with any terms of entry of a venue, including bag inspections, prohibited and restricted items such as flares, missiles, dangerous articles and items that have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance;
9. Not throw missiles, including on to the field of play or at other spectators, and must not enter the field of play or its surrounds without lawful authority;
10. Adhere to and comply with the conditions of entry to the MCG and Marvel Stadium or any other venue hosting a Collingwood event; and
11. Conduct themselves in a manner that enhances, rather than injures, the reputation and goodwill of Collingwood, the AFL and the game generally.
Any person who does not comply with this Code or who otherwise causes a disturbance may be evicted from the venue and/or event and banned from attending future matches and/or events.
Where a person that interacts with the club is entitled to receive certain rights and benefits (such as membership benefits, sponsor entitlements or accreditation entitlements), Collingwood reserves the right to suspend or terminate those rights and benefits should the person’s conduct harm, or is likely to harm the reputation of Collingwood, or causes or is likely to cause an unsafe environment.