Collingwood Football Club "Draft a Magpie" competition terms and conditions
- By entering the "Draft a Magpie" competition (competition), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by Collingwood Football Club ABN 89 006 211 196 of the Holden Centre, corner of Olympic Boulevard and Batman Avenue, Olympic Park, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia (Promoter). To contact the Promoter, please call (03) 8412 0000.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
- reside in Australia; and
- be 18 years or older; and
- hold a membership of Collingwood Football Club valued at AUD $50 or more for the 2022 AFL, AFLW or Super Netball seasons (eligible membership). This includes both existing members and those who join as a member through this competition.
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
- The competition period commences at 12:00pm AEDT on 24 November 2021 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 31 July 2022 (competition period), and the Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the competition as an existing member:
- you must refer another person to purchase an eligible membership; and
- at the time of referral, the new member must not hold any membership of the Collingwood Football Club for the 2022 AFL, AFLW or Super Netball seasons and must not have held any membership of the Collingwood Football Club for the 2021 AFL, AFLW or Super Netball seasons (even if that membership was cancelled); and
- during the competition period, the new member must purchase an eligible membership and you must permit the new member to provide your full name and mobile telephone number to the Promoter at the time of purchase.
- To enter the competition as a new member:
- at the time of entry, you must not hold any membership of the Collingwood Football Club for the 2022 AFL, AFLW or Super Netball seasons and must not have held any membership of the Collingwood Football Club for the 2021 AFL, AFLW or Super Netball seasons (even if that membership was cancelled); and
- you must purchase an eligible membership via membership.collingwoodfc.com.au or by telephone and provide the existing member's full name and mobile telephone number to the Promoter, with the existing member's consent, at the time of purchase during the competition period.
- New members become existing members at the time of purchase of their eligible membership. New members may re-enter the competition as existing members.
- All of an existing member's entries become invalid if that existing member cancels their eligible membership prior to the prize draw taking place. If a new member purchases and then cancels their eligible membership prior to the prize draw taking place, the referring member's corresponding entry becomes invalid.
- No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete or incoherent entries will be invalid.
- There is no limit to the number of times a person may enter the competition.
- Each entry to the competition gives that member one entry into the prize draw.
- There is no cost to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- The prize is AUD $10,000, to be paid via EFT. There is one prize to be won. The total prize value is AUD $10,000.
- Each entry entitles the existing member to an AUD $20 discount off a Collingwood Football Club membership for the 2022 AFL, AFLW or Super Netball season. However, the dollar amount that may be discounted off a member's Collingwood Football Club membership for the 2022 season is capped at the cost in Australian Dollars of that member's Collingwood Football Club membership for the 2022 season.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- If a prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- The winner will be chosen at random by electronic draw. There will be one draw conducted by TPAL Electronic Draw System at 11:00am (AEST) on 31 August 2022.
- The first valid entry drawn will win the prize.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The winner will be personally notified by email and telephone by 2 September 2022.
- The name of the winner will be published on the Promoter's website at membership.collingwoodfc.com.au by 30 September 2022.
- The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- If a winner does not respond within 3 months of being notified that they have won the competition, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on 1 December 2022 at the same time and place and by the same method as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prize.
- The winner will be personally notified by email and telephone by 3 December 2022.
- The name of the winner will be published on the Promoter's website at membership.collingwoodfc.com.au by 24 December 2022.
- The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw.
- Subject to regulatory approval, the Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition page at membership.collingwoodfc.com.au. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the competition page for any amendments.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or
- use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity as the Promoter may require without remuneration. Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition, comply with its legal obligations as the Promoter and for promotional purposes. For these purposes, the Promoter may disclose such personal information to related companies, agents, regulatory bodies, contractors, service providers and any company with whom the Promoter is running the competition. These recipients may be located overseas. If you do not provide all the personal information we request, you may not be able to participate in the competition.
- By entering the competition, you consent to the Promoter using your personal information to send you information about the Promoter's products and services, including by email, telephone, post and web advertising. You may unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time.
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this competition to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law). The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.
- ACT permit no. TBC
- SA permit no. TBC